Subscribe to our Newsletter!
What are you looking for?
Read our most recent posts:
- They’re HERE! Try our new BESICS Compostable Hot Cups & Lids
- UBC Masters Research Assistant Position Available: Compost
- Vancouver Folk Fest: West-coast culture alive and well
- Company Update: Zero-Waste parties, policy development and bio-polymers
- BSI & Compostability Certification: Biodegradable Products Institute
What else do we talk about?ban BESICS biodegradable BSI Burns Bog car-free compostable Compostable packaging eat local ecotainer environment events Farmer's Markets Festivals Fibreware Folk Fest food packaging Food Trucks GOtoGAL Green Committee green technology hot cups international lids new! organic PLA plastic recycling reusable sale sugarcane Susanna Carson sustainable Vancouver zero waste
Tag Archives: recycling
Straw Wars is a campaign launched in London’s trendy Soho neighbourhood by restaurants, hotels and bars to reduce the use of plastic straws. Plastic straws are technically recyclable; however they’re not commonly accepted in commercial or residential recycling programs. One … Continue reading
Wacoal and Triumph, two lingerie brands, have been collecting old bras from customers to turn them into refuse paper and plastic fuel (RPF) which will then power boilers and generators. Unlike other apparel, undergarments cannot be resold or repurposed. This … Continue reading